The Learning Opportunities Fund is now open for students who may have been affected by last term’s strike action.
Strike action took place between 25 November and 4 December 2019 due to a dispute about pay, conditions and pensions. As a result of this some of your teaching over this time may have been cancelled.
We are doing all we can to limit the impact of the industrial action on your learning and we guarantee that you will not be disadvantaged in any of your examinations or other assessments.
It may not have been possible to replace all the learning lost through cancelled classes. For this reason we have established the Learning Opportunities Fund to enable you to buy extra resources to help you with your learning if your classes were cancelled. Funds of up to £250 will be available for each student.
To apply for funds though the Learning Opportunities Fund, please go to the online form and submit your details.
You will be asked:
- Which teaching events (e.g. lectures, seminars, workshops, labs) were cancelled, giving the module code and date
- How much funding you would like to apply for
- A brief outline of how you wish to use the funds (this might include text books, e-resources or online courses).
Once approved, the money will be paid to you and it is for you to decide how you use it. Applications can be made up until Sunday 9 February 2020.
If you are successful, you will receive an email with details about how to claim your award. We aim to respond to all applications by Friday 6 March.
- Learning Opportunities Fund: Online application form
- Industrial action: FAQs for students