The UCL Governor Network is launching, to provide support and training for UCL staff who serve as governors of schools and colleges, and inspire more staff to take on governor roles.
Many UCL staff demonstrate commitment to their communities through voluntary roles and a number volunteer as school governors.
UCL is launching a Governor Network, to celebrate and support staff throughout UCL who are governors at primary and secondary schools and colleges, and to inspire more staff to take on governor roles.
Governing is a rewarding activity, and makes a difference to children and young people by supporting schools in raising educational standards. It is also a fantastic opportunity to develop new skills at a board-level environment, skills which are recognised by UCL and may support career development. Governors are also welcome for any professional expertise they bring to their governing body, whether in HR, finance, strategic planning or marketing to name just a few.
The network is open to all staff, whether you are an already a governor or you are interested in finding out more, and it will support staff through
- Training and networking events in order to enhance further skills and effectiveness as governors.
- A Moodle site for sharing news, comments, ideas and information
- Boosting governors’ knowledge and confidence by connecting governors to some of the latest research and ideas from the UCL Institute of Education, the world’s leading centre for research and teaching in education
- Ensuring governors have information about relevant UCL activities and processes, such as undergraduate open days
- Connecting staff who are interested in governing with organisations that can help them find a suitable vacancy
- Supporting staff who are new to governing
The launch event will be an opportunity not just to hear more about what the network will offer but also to have a say in future events. If you are not yet a governor, we can point you towards organisations that will match you to a vacancy.
Register to attend
Join the Provost and Professor David Price on Monday 18 November between 4-6pm to celebrate the contribution governors make, network with staff and hear from speakers on the difference the UCL Governor Network will make.
The event is open to governors and non-governors alike. Join us and Book your place here !