Learn how social enterprise can help your research and its impact. Could you form a social enterprise to help sustain your research and its positive impact on society? Events during May 2022.
Attend one of our inspirational, informational events during May to:
- find out about social enterprises and how researchers are using them
- hear from colleagues who’ve set up social enterprises
- learn about an upcoming programme (in June and July) that you can join to explore you own social enterprise ideas
A social enterprise is a type of company that takes all of its profits, and instead of distributing them to shareholders, returns the profit into the social causes the business supports, including research that has positive social benefit.
We define social ventures as businesses that:
- have a clear social and/or environmental mission
- generate the majority of their income through trade by selling goods and/or services
- reinvest the majority of their profit back into their businesses or the community
These events will be hybrid so you can join in person or online.
The events are open to all SLASH staff and research students. For further information contact us (Lucia Patrizio Gunning: firstname.lastname@example.org ). Sign up using the Eventbrite links below ( by clicking on the chosen date) and we’ll provide the zoom/teams link closer to the event date.
Thurs. 19 May 11:00-13:00 (90 Tottenham court Road meeting room 301)
Thurs. 26 May 14:00-16:00 (90 Tottenham court Road meeting room 301)
- University College London, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT (0) 20 7679 2000