Please take note of the last posting dates for Christmas mail and UCL Mail Service closure dates.
The UCL Post Room would appreciate your co-operation in observing the deadlines set by Royal Mail and assist us by posting early for Christmas. The latest dates that mail can be accepted into the Post Room for intended delivery to addressees prior to Christmas are:
- Monday 9 December - Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Central and South America, Far East & Middle East
- Tuesday 10 December - Cyprus, Malta
- Wednesday 11 December - Eastern Europe, (Except Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia)
- Thursday 12 December - Australia, Greece, New Zealand and Turkey
- Friday 13 December - Canada, Czech Republic, Finland, Italy, Poland, Sweden, USA
- Monday 16 December - Austria, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland
- Wednesday 18 December - Belgium, France, Ireland, Luxembourg
HM FORCES - BFPO parcels can be posted free of charge via the UCL Mail Service.
- Monday 25 November - HM Forces Post Office (Operational)
- Friday 13 December - HM Forces Mail to Non-Operational or Static BFPO’s.
For international courier dates
Please contact Mail Services:
Tel: 0203 549 5424
E-mail: uczbr24 [at] live.ucl.ac (p) uk
Friday 20 December
- Second Class, Signed for (Recorded) 2nd
- First Class, Signed for (Recorded) 1st
- Special Delivery Guaranteed Saturday Delivery
The UCL Mail Service will close at 14.00 on Friday 20 December and re-open at 07.00 on Thursday 2 January. There will be no access to the Post Room between these dates. The last collection of departmental post will take place between 11.30 and 13.00 on Friday 20 December to ensure dispatch on the last working day.
The UCL Mail Service will accept bulk mailings up to and including Wednesday 18 December. After this date no bulk mailings will be accepted without prior consultation with the Acting Mail Services Manager (Kevin Owen Ext 76311 k.owen [at] ucl.ac (p) uk ).
In common with previous years, the Post Room expect a very substantial amount of additional mail in the pre-Christmas period as departments clear their desks for the seasonal break, creating an increase in demand on the postal service.
UCL’s mail service is not to be used for personal mail and parcels. The Post Room will not frank or dispatch personal items and any suspected abuse of the service will be investigated.