Associate Dean Education, Learning & Teaching and Reader or Professor
University of Dundee
School of Business
|Workplace||Dundee, Scotland, UK|
Main University menu
Reader Grade 9 (£52,560 - £59,135) or Professor Grade 10 (£60,905 min per annum)
We are seeking an exceptional candidate to take on a pivotal leadership and management role within the School of Business. The appointee will have prior experience of leadership within a Business School setting and will devote around half their time to the management and leadership team stewarding the future growth and success of one of the UK’s fastest growing Business Schools. The appointee will also be expected to have a key role in a cognate discipline, actively contributing to the enhancement of teaching, research or scholarship and to strengthen our academic leadership capacity within Business. The post holder will bring academic leadership and management experience and, depending on background and experience will be appointed to either a teaching & scholarship or a teaching & research position. The successful candidate will be expected to have a central role in the strategic, academic and commercial direction of the school.
In line with University expectations, Readers / Professors should be prominent at all levels of teaching across the undergraduate and postgraduate spectrum, making a particular contribution to our taught postgraduate programmes and the supervision of PhD candidates.
The successful candidate will fulfil the role of Associate Dean for Education, Learning & Teaching for an initial period of three years with the option to renew. In this role the post holder will provide vision and leadership within the School in the strategic remit of Education. This will focus on the overall education strategy for the School which incorporates learning, teaching and the student experience. Moreover, candidates will be expected to identify market-led opportunities for new programme development that will attract UK and international students.
Essential for all grades :
- PhD in a relevant subject;
- Experience of leading strategic planning at the discipline/School level;
- A thorough understanding of Institutional management systems and the higher education sector, including equal opportunities issues;
- Clear evidence of excellence in University learning and teaching e.g., curriculum and module design and leadership, experience of assessing work and providing feedback to students;
- Experience of developing, launching and managing pedagogically and financially successful programmes with global appeal at the undergraduate and/ or post graduate levels
- Experience of supervision of undergraduate and/or taught postgraduate student projects;
- Experience of successful supervision of PhD and Professional Doctorate research students;
- Ability to mentor colleagues and advise on personal development;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Evidence of ability and willingness to work collaboratively with others;
Expectations of candidates applying for a Teaching and Research contract:
- Strong track record of published research outputs in leading, high impact journals, books and/or book chapters - Successful track record of research grant capture that contributes to knowledge exchange and impact.
Expectations of candidates applying for a Teaching and Scholarship contract:
- Experience of leading the development and implementation of teaching and learning strategy; - Track record of exercising academic leadership for all subject area teaching and scholarly activities; - Experience of conducting research into learning and teaching methodologies and disseminating best practice; - Experience of developing and promoting the use of innovative assessment methods; - Experience of lead collaborative partnerships with other educational institutions or other bodies; - Experience of leading bids for consultancy and other funding; - Experience of making presentations at national and international conferences and similar events.
- Publication of education-related articles or conference proceedings
Essential for Grade 10 (in addition to above):
- A sustained record of effective leadership in research and/or scholarship and teaching relating to your discipline; - Experience of securing and maintaining PSRB accreditations and demonstrable knowledge of relevant accreditation frameworks; - Make a leading contribution to Institutional planning and strategic development; - Appetite for international engagement in terms of research and teaching collaborations.
Desirable: - Experience of new programme development to attract UK and international students - Experience of developing CPD or executive education - Experience of providing advice to external bodies; - Experience of successful international recruitment; - Experience of Public Engagement.
We attract an international, diverse student cohort and want to reflect that diversity in our staff. We particularly welcome applications from women and other protected groups, who are currently under- represented in the School of Business.
To further discuss the details of this post, informal inquires may be made to dundee [at] minervasearch[.]com
An executive search is being undertaken by Minerva. For further details on the roles, please visit www.minervasearch.com/dundee To apply please send a cover letter and CV to dundee [at] minervasearch[.]com no later than 10 March 2020.
In your application, please refer to myScience.uk and reference JobID 180676.
13 December 2019
The science of couples cheating with their money
» More news
Last job offers
- Law - 26.2
Associate Professorship of Socio-Legal Studies
- Computer Science/Telecom - 25.2
Associate Professorship of Computer Science (Programming Languages)
- Life Sciences - 25.2
Assistant Professor of Biotechnology
- Computer Science/Telecom - 25.2
- Computer Science/Telecom - 24.2
Chair of Embodied Intelligence
- Business/Economics - 21.2
Associate Professorship in Political Economy
- Physics - 21.2
Alexander Mosley Professorship of Biophysics
- Art and Design - 21.2
Associate Professorship in History of Art
- History/Archeology - 20.2
Associate Professorship in History
- Psychology - 20.2
Assistant Professor in Psychology
- Psychology - 20.2
Assistant Professor in Applied Psychology
- Administration - 19.2
Research Administrator and Personal Assistant to the Professor of Paediatric Neuroimaging